In Italy up to 50% of hospital patients are at risk of malnutrition by default. Failure to treat this condition significantly affects the effects of treatment, as well as the costs of the National Health Service.
Patients have the right to a correct diagnosis of their nutritional status and to be taken care of by competent doctors in the field of clinical nutrition: the promotion of the culture of clinical nutrition and scientific evidence is indispensable.
Alterations of the nutritional status are very common in cancer patients, for whom malnutrition by default is considered "a disease in the disease".
The results of scientific publications show that taking Prother® offers adequate clinical nutrition, while reducing the toxicity induced by chemotherapy treatments. It means making important nutritional support available to cancer patients that can have a positive effect not only on their quality of life, but also on the prognosis.
- Cottalasso D., Balbis E., Patriarca S., Furfaro AL., Cella F., Millanta S., Sukkar SG., Marinari UM., Pronzato MA., Traverso N. Glutathione and oxidative stress. ADI Magazine 4. 2008; 12: 366-367.
- Carlesi C., Caldarazzo Ienco E., Lo Gerfo A., Volpi L., Orsucci D., Piazza S., Mancuso M., Siciliano G. Milk whey protein dietary supplementation as tool for modifying oxidative stress in neurological disorders. Progress In Nutrition, Vol.13, Suppl, 60-70, 2011.
- Traverso N., Balbis E., Sukkar SG., Furfaro A., Massa Sacchi-Nemours A., Ferrari C.,Patriarca S., Cottalasso D. Oxidative stress in the animal model: the possible protective role of milk serum protein. Mediterr J Nutr Metab (2010) 3:173–178.
- Pedrazzoli P., Cereda E., Cappello S., Arcaini L., Borioli V., Ferraris E., Chiellino S., Stella G., Benazzo M., Ferrari A., Klersy C., Caccialanza R. Effect of whey protein isolate supplementation on body composition, muscle strength, and treatment tolerance in malnourished advanced cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Abstract No: 11598, Monday June 3, 2019 ASCO. Citation: J Clin Oncol 37, 2019 (suppl; abstr 11598).
- Cereda E., Turri A., Klersy C., Cappello S., Ferrari A., Filippi A.R., Brugnatelli S., Caraccia M., Chiellino S., Borioli V., Monaco T., Stella G.M., Arcaini L., Benazzo M., Grugnetti G., Pedrazzoli P., Caccialanza R. Whey protein isolate supplementation improves body composition, muscle strength and treatment tolerance in malnourished advanced cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Abstract No: CN01, Clinical Nutrition 38 (2019) S1–S32.
- Difass in the field of Nutrition has always been close and supports several associations aimed at providing relief and humanitarian support.
- Due to the Covid-19 emergency, Congress activity has suffered a temporary slowdown.
Events and Conferences 2019
- Monothematic conference The pharmacological basis of Nutraceuticals of the Italian Society of Pharmacology - Naples, 29th/30th March 2019
- 2019 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology - Chicago, 31st May/ 4th June, 2019
- 41° Congress of the European Society of Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, Nutrition: A Highway to Health - Krakow 31st August/3rd September 2019
- 21° National Congress of the Italian Association of Oncological Medicine - Rome, 25th/27th October 2019
- National Congress of the Italian Society of Artificial Nutrition and Metabolism - Turin, 20th/22nd November 2019